If you’ve heard of glycolic acid before, it may very well have been in the context of chemical peels. Dermatologists, cosmetic surgeons, and estheticians use glycolic acid as an ingredient in these skincare treatments because of glycolic acid’s remarkable power to penetrate, cleanse, and rejuvenate dry, tired, or aging skin. Glycolic acid soaks deep into the outer layer of skin, effectively breaking down the bonds that hold together the outermost dead, tired, skin cells to reveal the younger, fresher skin underneath.
Here are some of the amazing benefits of glycolic acid peels:
- True colors: Glycolic acid treatments can confer beautiful, even skin tone by lessening the appearance of discoloration due to hyperpigmentation, acne scars, age spots, and other causes.
- Buh-bye, crows’ feet: Glycolic acid also gives your skin a smoother and more youthful texture by promoting collagen generation, visibly reducing the appearance of signs of aging, including wrinkles, fine lines, and sagging skin.
- Get your glow on: Glycolic acid’s all-around exfoliating power refreshes tired, dull skin, making your face fresh and luminous.
- Pores, what pores? Glycolic acid application can also visibly reduce pore size, enhancing your skin’s overall tone and texture (see Numbers 1 and 2!).
- But wait, there’s more! Speaking of pores, glycolic acid’s penetrative power can also help reduce acne and blackheads, especially when it’s teamed up with another cleansing agent, such as salicylic acid.
- Coming soon to bathroom mirror near you. In addition to being available in a doctor’s office, you can now also reap all of these awesome glycolic acid peel benefits in the comfort of your own home, as part of your everyday personalized skincare routine. For simple and effective in-home glycolic acid peel treatment, try Cane + Austin peel pads personalized for you unique skin type and needs.
- Cane + Austin 10% Retexture Pad with 10% glycolic acid, for skin tone evening and rejuvenation
- Cane + Austin 20% Miracle Pad and Cane + Austin 30% Miracle Pad + with 20% and 30% glycolic acid, respectively, for maximum intensity in-home peel treatment
- Cane + Austin 10% Body Retexture Pad with 10% glycolic acid, for smooth and luminous arms, legs, torso and décolletage
- Cane + Austin 2%/5% Acne Retexture Pad and Cane + Austin 2%/10% Acne Retexture Pad with 2% salicylic acid and 5% and 10% glycolic acid, respectively, for powerful acne and blackhead cleansing as well as all-around smoothness and luminosity
All Cane + Austin peel pads are made with medical grade glycolic acid sourced from sugar cane for clinically proven results, are non-irritating, and are suitable for all skin types.
Whether you visit a medical practice for a glycolic peel, or make glycolic acid peel pads a regular part of your day, the cleansing and rejuvenating powers of this all-star ingredient are sure to reveal your brightest, most youthful face to the world.